Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My New DSLR Adventure


I have about a month before jumping back into full-time study, so I decided to treat myself to an adventure. After many hours of research and shopping around, I am now the owner of a brand new weapon -- my very first DSLR camera: Canon EOS Rebel Xsi. I called it my "Weapon of Mass Perception" on Facebook, but I don't think anyone got it. Oh well...

It's an entry-level camera, and I'm overwhelmed with all the awesome features and the mind-boggling amount of information about aperture, shutter speed, etc. etc. etc... but I think I will eventually get it. maybe.

In the meantime, I LOVE the camera and the crispness of the images I can get with it. Why didn't I get one sooner?--is the question that I keep asking myself. I'm having so much fun taking pictures of everything in sight, such as...

Flowers:


Pets:



Books and magazines laying around:




Fruits:

My food experiments:



And...my family, who are not always accommodating. They give me dirty looks, hide, or run away from me when they see me coming with camera in hand, so I have to sort of play the ninja photographer. But I think these hunt-and-shoot photos turn out to be the most interessting:





Lastly, I love this picture of the clouds. It doesn't look like much, I know, but looking at it makes me happy. I will be taking many more cloud shots, I'm sure! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment