Saturday, November 21, 2009

Normally Abnormal

This is turning out to be a fun place for me to just pop in for a few minutes to get my mind off of other things... like writing a paper.

I've been attempting to write a psych term paper all day, which I should have started a month ago and finished by now. During the course of this day of report-writing frenzy, I've written three posts (this makes it four) on this blog, wrote two long comments on other blogs, and created urgent needs to make two emergency shopping trips, one of which was to go buy a 6-pound medicine ball. Why? Because I felt the sudden urge to play catch with it, that's why! Sheesh! The way you're shaking your head, one would think it's not something EVERYONE does in the middle of doing homework. What? No? hmm...

Anyway, I think I have some ADD symptoms. But doesn't everybody to a degree?

I have finally managed to force myself to finish the first draft, and we'll see if I can somehow come up with a final draft by tomorrow.

Honestly, sometimes I have to roll my eyes at myself...





4 comments:

  1. At university I found that the more time I spent on an essay the lower the mark I got for it.

    (This wasn't an empirical study and may just have been my attempt to rationalise leaving all my work to the last minute).

    My theory is this: The more time you have, the more you can allow your mind to wander, causing you to lose focus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your theory is valid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great, wise blog you have! I just stumbled upon it while I was procrastinating on my writing!

    I think you are putting into words so many things that the rest of us also feel.

    Best of luck,

    Gail Kushner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Gail! What an encouraging comment! :-)

    ReplyDelete