Monday, January 5, 2009

Having some Twitter fun

Tonight, I'm helping a friend reach the number 2,000 in followers. He is the co-creator of Nibipedia, a site that combines YouTube and Wikipedia. I love what he's doing. He's a fellow fan of TED, which speaks for itself. I'm rooting for him. Why? Because it's fun to root for and help someone achieve something that seems so important to them. As I write this, he has 7 more followers to go. I decided to give away a prize (a book) to his 2,000th follower.

I've seen other give-aways on Twitter, and I've been thinking it would be fun to give something away. And voila! An opportunity for me to help someone reach their goal and have my fun at the same time.

The lucky winner will receive this book:


It has been sitting on my book shelf waiting to be given away as a gift (I had bought five copies - as I have a habit of buying more than one of everything), and I hope I'll be mailing it out to someone tomorrow...

And I can then say: "I've given a prize away on Twitter!"

Yep. That's my goal. :-)


2 comments:

  1. Great use of Twitter!

    I was a few followers late ;(

    Anyway, this idea reminds me Eben Pagan's post from the other day.

    Check it out here:

    http://ebenpagan.wordpress.com/2009/01/03/how-to-become-wealthy-right-now/

    don't be put of by the corny title, it's really profound read)

    Keep blogging and twittering .)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Radek! It was a lot of fun, and Troy got his 2K followers shortly after this post. I don't know if I actually made any difference (it was just a matter of time), but I got to keep my end of the bargain.

    It really is a good feeling to give something away with no agenda. Everyone should try it.

    Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete