Friday, January 16, 2009

I am basically a lazy person


Okay... the cat's out of the bag.

Those of you who have said, "Wow, how do you do it? I wouldn't be able to do half as much as what you do," please take another look.

I'm basically a lazy person. I do everything in my power NOT to do the things that I don't enjoy doing. It is a common misconception among many people around me that I am a dedicated and motivated hard worker.

The truth? The following facts, on the other hand, are absolutely true:

  • When I do something, anything, I am a perfectionist (due to my competitiveness - because being competitive is FUN).

  • When I'm having FUN, I work hard... extremely hard.

  • I make every effort to see the FUN in the things that need to get done.

See a common thread? Yep! FUN-FUN-FUN~

So... if I'm not having fun, then you'll see me on the couch eating bon-bons. Even if I can somehow force myself to do something (especially if it is to help someone out), I guarantee I won't be doing it for long if I cannot see the fun in it. I'm not claiming it's good or bad...I'm just stating the facts. Yes, I AM LAZY.

I have heard people say, "Not everything can be fun, but you still need to do them." Oh yeah? You go right ahead and plod along, dragging your feet through life. I'd rather hop, skip, and jump... and maybe even do some somersaults. Falling and getting bruised is all a part of the fun. Don't be afraid of a little pain - it makes us grow. After all, the way I see it... if life isn't fun, why bother? God gave us creativity. Use it!

. . .
(Oh, and by the way... I did say that I wouldn't be posting much on here anymore. That still holds true, but sometimes thoughts just come up that need to be said, you know?)

2 comments:

  1. Interesting post. I have noticed recently that I look at everything with humor now and it brings so much more clarity and joy to me.

    Glad you brought this up here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the only cat that is allowed at my house!!

    ReplyDelete