Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Board Meeting: Time to refocus and reorganize

  • Subject: Redefine the purpose of Mindblink Blog
  • Board members: Me, myself, and I
  • Concerns: Mindblink is losing direction and focus (where were we going with this?)

I have created this blog after being inspired by The MBTI Blog of Breanne Potter as a means to stay connected to the MBTI community and also to share my new passion with others who may not be familiar with the type theory. As I have a tendency to make everything broader than they need to be, my focus can easily get scattered. Judith Grutter, who was my teacher for my on-line Strong Interest Inventory qualification, pointed to the fact that:

if I try to do everything, I will most likely end up doing nothing.

...Simple statement with so much truth in it... I've been chewing on that thought for a couple of weeks now, trying to digest it and find a focus.

I have been readjusting my goals and my vision as far as my career path is concerned, and it's slowing becoming more clear as I think through it. I've come too far to just let it fizzle out into nothing.

I am here to address the issues concerning this blog. I am reaching deep to get in touch with my out-of-preference and underdeveloped "S" and "J" functions. It requires frequent deep breaths and great concentration, but it's time to make some clarifications and find a focus here:

  1. Psychology will be the main focus of this blog. While it is true that I believe psychology applies to everything in life, it is also true that "everything" is simply too broad of a topic.

  2. I will resurrect my other blogs to write about my thoughts that don't quite seem to fit into the category of psychology and MBTI.

  3. Other writers here whom I have invited to co-author this blog will be requested to post at least once every 4-6 weeks. I will do my best to suggest appropriate topics.

  4. As for myself, I will be writing about my new discoveries and lessons that I learn as I continue in my growing process as it applies to psychology in general, and to MBTI in particular.

  5. Staying within the context of #4 stated above, I will continue to think, ask questions, learn as much as I can, and share what I've learned in a way that is palatable and easy-to-comprehend.

  6. Nothing is ever written in stone with me, but I will try this "focus" thing for a while and see how it goes...


No comments:

Post a Comment