Sunday, September 7, 2008

MBTI Type and Humor

WARNING: READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. THIS POST MAY BE CONSIDERED OFFENSIVE TO THOSE WHO LACK A SENSE OF HUMOR AND/OR WHO TAKE LIFE WAY TOO SERIOUSLY.

If that is the case, try to lighten up, will ya?

This piece about religion and type was recently brought to my attention, and I found it to be absolutely hilarious (and quite insightful).

That got me wondering whether our preferences influence our ability to appreciate different types of humor. I'm guessing that would be the S/N preference...?

Thank you, Richard, for the link.

2 comments:

  1. OMFG.

    INTP: INTPs are always right, therefore they should skip right to atheism, with an option on immortality as a simulation in a computer of unimaginable complexity at the end of time as proven by the laws of physics.

    That's my husband, from the get-go. He's pretty much gone to atheism by the time he was 7 or 8.

    For me, the ENTP line definitely fits me better than ENFP. Perhaps I really am more of an ENTP than I ever realized, but had just been socialized as a Feeling type?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how I like Objectivism (I'm not sure if I'm an Objectivist though) before I've found out about MBTI and turned out to be INTJ.

    ReplyDelete