Thursday, September 4, 2008

Dumb and Dumber...

BBC News posted this story the other day about South Korea's alarming suicide rates, "one of the highest in the developed world."

For me, this is a blow to the solar plexus. It hits home. It seems to reveal a statistic that I have long suspected.

But as I continued reading the article, my brain came to a screeching halt. I had to do a double take.

Some of the steps they plan on taking to tackle the issue:
  • They will build more barriers on station platforms to stop people from jumping under trains.

  • The regulations controlling the sale of pesticides and other poisons will be tightened.

  • Internet sites that encourage suicide will be blocked...
(of course, there were other points listed that did make half a sense, but still...)

Is this a joke? Tell me this is a joke. I don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment