Monday, August 18, 2008

A Mother's Perspective

(Note: Teen-ISFJ; Me-ENTP)


Teen: Mom, you need to call and make an appointment with a driving instructor. It's a requirement to get my license.

Me: OK. Look up the number.

Teen: Just call anyone. I don't have a preference.

Me: You've talked to your friends. Do they have any recommendations?

Teen: I don't care. Just call anyone in the phone book.

Me: OK. Which company comes to your school? That would be convenient.

Teen: "X" does. But he yells at the students, and I don't want him.

Me: You said you don't have a preference. But you clearly do.

Teen: Why are you being so mean? *tears*

Me: Ummm... I just want you to communicate your preference....?

Teen: Leave me alone! I hate you! *Slams the door*

Me: ???

No comments:

Post a Comment