Friday, August 1, 2008

Presenting "E" and "N"

After I wrote the guest post for the "P" (Perceiving) preference over at Breanne's blog, she suggested that we continue with the rest of the preference pairs. She assigned the "E" (Extravert) and the "N" (iNtuitive) to me, and I accepted the challenge with honor. :-) She will be writing about the "I" (Introvert) and the "S" (Sensing) and posting them on her blog soon.

So I hereby present you with the "E" and the "N":

YOU MIGHT BE AN "E" (Extravert)…

• If you start to say something and cannot figure out where the thought is going, you might be an E.
• If your “I” partner gets frustrated with you because you keep interrupting him in the middle of his statement, you might be an E.
• If pregnant pauses in a conversation make you extremely uncomfortable, you might be an E.
• If everyone recognizes who you are by your loud laughter, you might be an E.
• If you find yourself revealing personal information to people who you’ve just met, you might be an E.
• If you find yourself with the most turns at the Karaoke mic, you might be an E.
• If you’re fond of the phrase “the more the merrier,” you might be an E.
• If you enjoy making eye-contact with complete strangers at the store, etc., and making them smile back, then you might be an E.
• When your partner keeps nudging you and whispering “keep your voice down,” you might be an E.
• If you call to order Chinese take-out and identify yourself as “Hi, it’s me!” you might be an E.

YOU MIGHT BE AN “N” (iNTuitive)…

• If you often start an argument with “What exactly did you mean by that?” you might be an N.
• If you can find a way to use the MBTI in every single part of your life, you might be an N.
• If you can write a Haiku about a fly in your soup, you might be an N.
• If you think time is relative and “late” is just a state of mind, you might be an N. (This is especially true if you are also a P.)
• If you get ripped off by a vendor and you are awed by the brilliance of their marketing strategy, you might be an N.
• If you can easily finish the sentence – “If I were a ____, I would…” you might be an N.
• If you can find a reason to feel sorry for Saddam Hussein, you might be an N.
• If you can see the potential in everyone you meet, you might be an N.
• If you have a “theory” for just about any subject you talk about, you might be an N.
• If you despise routine and you think “same” is a four-letter word that should never be used, you might be an N.

And lastly but not leastly…

If your “spidey senses are tingling” as you read this, you might be an N. ;-)


You can soon find Breanne's complete preference pairs series at The MBTI Blog.

UPDATE: She has posted our collaborated "You might be an N" list... Fantastique! (That word just came to mind when I wanted to say "Fantastic" in a different language; and after looking it up [come now... read the whole article], it turns out to be the most awesome and appropriate "N" word!!!!!)

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Linda --

    I popped over from Hemant's post asking "What do you do?" just *sure* I'd find you an ENFP like me. Eh, close.

    The MBTI sparked a whole series of (together) life-changing transformations once I found it in 1997. You mean I'm not insane? It's normal for me to be like this? Growing up in a family full of SJs left me feeling quite odd.

    Anyway, greetings. I'd love to be reader #3.

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Allison!

    Thanks for visiting my blog. I do have some facets that lean toward the "F" side, so I'm not entirely "T"-like. I can relate. ;-)

    I grew up in a family full of SJs as well and always felt like the oddball out. We have a lot in common, it seems... yay!

    ReplyDelete