Monday, August 4, 2008

Too Much Fun?


Is there such a thing as too much fun? I almost feel guilty calling this "work." Yesterday was the third lesson of my four-week MBTI workshop at my church. (Group #2)

I have to say... it is absolutely true what they say. The more you do it, the more comfortable you become, and the better presentation you will end up with. Including the two at my church, I have now done four group presentations.

Staying true to my ENTP preference, I changed up my lesson plan again. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: "Same" is a four-letter word in my book. :-)

I tried a different exercise with the group than what I normally do. It was a gamble, as many of them prefer Introversion. I split the group into teams of two to three and asked them to come up with something, anything, that they can teach to the rest of the group. They were panicked and confused about what was expected at first. Most of them were reluctant and hesitant to get started. But as I gave them some examples and lots (LOTS) of encouragement, they dove into their projects.

The first group, two ISFJs (reading tutors), taught us how to use the Wilson Language Program. It was fun and very interesting.

The next group, INFJ and INFP/J (Introverts, mind you), taught us how to flare our nostrils and the many practical uses for such a skill. They had all of us in stitches.

The third group, ENFP and INFP, got up and said they had so many ideas that they could not decide. They still had not made a decision and left it up to us to choose from four different options. Of course, we chose the "Robot Dance." Along with some techno music playing from a cell phone, we learned how to move like a robot... Hilarious!

The next group, three ENFJs (one of them a landscaper), taught us how to plant a tree the correct way. It was very informative with a nice illustration on the presentation board.

The last group, ENTP, ISTP, and ES/NTJ (assigned together just because they were the oddball types of the group), taught us how to fold a paper airplane. Surprisingly, the only Introvert of the group did most of the talking. Hmmm....

(That reminds me of an awesome TED video on origami you can check out.)

We were laughing, dancing, and flying paper airplanes all over the classroom. A room-full of grown-ups acting like a bunch of third-graders. It turned out so much better than I could have imagined or expected. My only regret is that I did not have my camera with me. :-(

I cannot remember the last time I had so much fun. And to think... this is my "job." (Well, okay, the job doesn't pay all that well yet, but how can you resist?)

NOTE: Can you see a correlation between the types and what/how they chose to teach?

No comments:

Post a Comment